Data Privacy Notice
Who are we?
2nd Cuddington Scout Group is a registered youth charity responsible for the growth and development of Scouting in part of the administrative district of Epsom & Ewell. The Scout Association is incorporated by Royal Charter and regulated as a member of The Scout Association. In June each year the members of our Group Executive Committee (our Trustees) are elected by the members of the Group Scout Council at the Annual General Meeting. Our Group Executive Committee is the Data Controller for the information we collect from you. Any personal data that we collect will only be in relation to the work we do with our members and through our relationship with supporters and donors. This means the Data Controller decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
What data do we gather?
2nd Cuddington Scout Group consider that we gather data in respect of the following:
• Youth members
• Adult members
• Friends, supporters and guests
2nd Cuddington Scout Group produce a data information sheet in respect of each of these showing specifically:
• The reason for holding the data
• The type of data we may process
• The purpose(s) for which it is held
• The period for which the data is retained
• The relevant data sources
• Any relevant data recipients
How do we process your personal data?
The 2nd Cuddington Scout Group complies with its legal obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
For what purpose do we hold personal data:
Whilst specifics are shown on the relevant data information sheet, in general we hold personal data:
• to ensure your safety and well-being as a member of 2nd Cuddington Scout Group
• to facilitate any present or potential future involvement with 2nd Cuddington Scout Group
• to send you communications on topics relating to Scouting or that you have requested
• to invite you to meetings and other events that you may be interested in
• to maintain membership records
• to update your records
• to manage any aspect of 2nd Cuddington Scout Group or the services we provide
• to administer our good governance requirements and those of other members of 2nd Cuddington Scout Group
• to respond to requests from the statutory authorities in respect of safeguarding issues
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
• to process any receipts, payments or donations made to 2nd Cuddington Scout Group
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The Regulations provide that we can only process personal data when one of six conditions apply:
• where we have your explicit consent
• where it is required by contract or contract performance
• a legal obligation
• where there is a vital interest
• performance of a public task, or
• where there is a legitimate interest.
The nature of the personal data we process and the legal basis for doing so is set out in the relevant data information sheet.
Sharing your personal data.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will normally only be shared only within 2nd Cuddington Scout Group and The Scout Association. We will however share your personal information with others outside 2nd Cuddington Scout Group where there is a legal or legitimate reason, this may include the relevant Scout District, The Scout Association and its insurance subsidiary “Unity”, Atlantic Data Ltd (who process our DBS checks), local authority services and law enforcement. We will only share your personal information to the extent needed for the purposes shown on the relevant data information sheet.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation where there is a legal requirement or legitimate reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We only retain your data for the purposes and period outlined in the relevant data information sheet.
Your rights and your personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which 2nd Cuddington Scout Group holds about you
• The right to request that 2nd Cuddington Scout Group corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for 2nd Cuddington Scout Group to retain such data
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries, complaints or to request a copy of the relevant date information sheet please contact the Group Chairman in the first instance.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Rev 01 06.09.2018